- 2 CUPS OF RICE
- 30 GMS TAMARIND (TAKE SOME MORE TAMARIND IF MORE SOURNESS IS NEEDED)
- THREE CUPS OF WATER
- MUSTARD SEEDS(1/2 tbsp)
- CHANNA DAL(1 tbsp)
- BLACK GRAM(1tbsp)
- BENGAL GRAM(1/2 tbsp)
- GREEN CHILLIES (2)
- CURRY LEAVES (few)
- RED CHILLIES (3 or 4)
- SOME QUANTITY OF HING OR ASAFOETIDA (Inguva in telugu)
- PEANUTS (2 tbsp)
- TURMURIC POWDER (AS MUCH NEEDED)
- OIL (3 TABLESPOON)
Written By praneetha on Saturday, 8 July 2017 | July 08, 2017
Pulihora is one of the famous recipes in south India which is also known as puliyogare. There are so many ways to prepare the yummy pulihora. Here is the very simple way to prepare the tastiest Pulihora.
· First take tamarind in a bowl and soak it in water for 2 hours.
· Cook the rice where the grains should be well cooked separately and serve in a broad vessel and cool it down.
· Take the soaked tamarind and boil it for 20mts until it becomes like thick paste and keep the paste separately.
· Take the separate pan with 3 tablespoon of oil. Heat the oil in a low flame and add mustard seeds, red chillies, green curry leaves, chopped green chilies, black gram, Bengal gram and turmeric powder, peanuts to that oil. Roast the items well in a low flame.
Add some quantity of asafoetida to the oil at the end.
Take the tamarind paste and mix with the boiled rice .Add sufficient salt.
Finally add the oil where all items are roasted well to that rice and mix well.
Serve the tasty pulihora in a bowl.